Trends to Push Yourself Outside of Your Comfort Zone
I know it's only December 5th but I am already thinking of how 2018 will be a fresh start, at work, life and mostly -- style. So here's what I think you all should try next year!
1. White Shoes; not just sneakers. This trend looks retro yet fresh, and booties, slides and heels in white have been seen on some of my favorite Influencers and celebrities alike - like @somethingnavy's Arielle Charnas and Katie Sands from @honestlykate.
2. Monochrome; red and red, blue and blue --> sounds pretty easy but this looks can seem daunting to some, so another option would be different shades of the same color, especially red with pink - still love this combo! Of course, Cara looks incredible in her all-red get up.
3. Colored Faux Fur; OK so we might not have much time left to wear fur, unless you also live in Chicago and in that case we've got like 5 more months. But regardless let's quit the notion that fur is for old-fashioned or super fancy nights out.. and break it out!
4. Metallics; I have been channeling my inner 8th grader thanks to Birchbox sending me a metallic glittery gold eye shadow a few months ago and not gonna lie -- I am loving it. Metallic loafers and sneakers have also found a way into the closet and this look isn't going anywhere!
5. Pleated Skirts in a casual way; It might just be me but pleats always seemed dressy, preppy, reserved, etc. Lately I have been loving the baggy sweater/sweatshirt + structured skirt + combat boots or sneaks - such a comfortable way to be trendy and look pulled together.
Can't wait to hear what other trends you are going to try in the new year - comment below!