LA Travel Guide
Spend a day in LA...
- Butcher's Daughter: This vegan-friendly staple on Abbot Kinney is also in NYC, but I love the Venice spot for so many reasons. Their juices are on point and come in cute milk bottles... their GF bread is amazing (and I'm not gluten free... I just love it), and the environment is so unequivocally "LA", that I just have to come every single time. The most recent time I had the "Spicy Cesar" and it was sooo spicy but amazing.
- Wabi-Sabi: I enjoyed drinks here with a friend/client and not only were the drinks deeeelish (i got a lychee martini), but the view was the best! The decor inside is also super cool with lots of hanging plants and lights, and then the front of the restaurant opens up with bar seating facing high outside.. prime people watching out to the front of Abbot Kinney and a beautiful sunset.
- High Rooftop Lounge @ the Hotel Erwin: I’ve been to this Venice hotel bar a few times with friends, and most recently we hosted a client event here and it is such a great venue! The views of the beach and LA neighborhoods make it a must see.
- The Bungalow: Always a great time, super trendy spot with great day drinking and a great scene. Theres all these different rooms you can go in and their "table service" is super LA and not clubby.
- Scopa: Other than the obvious draw of Italian food, Scopa had a great environment and the scene was big on even a random Tuesday night. If you don’t know, I have been eating vegetarian for about 6 months and I try my best to not ONLY eat pasta… they also had a great brussel sprout salad. And although i didn’t have it, the rest of the table loved the meatballs - they were as big as a softball!
- Principessa: This store is like a mix between a high end boutique and a forever 21 haha. That seems weird but you’ll find trendy styles, ranging from super cheap to overly expensive - but you can easily find some great deals and on-trend brands. I bought my first pair of Quay sunglasses there a while ago - sigh - the memories. This is also a great place for denim! Lots of shorts, jeans, etc.
- Show Me Your Mumu: Is this the only SMYM store in the US? I feel like it is, and I feel like I wish I lived right next door to it… this place is sure to have the best gear for vacation, or any hippie - style you are looking for. They also have awesome oversized sweaters and great jewelry. I credit my B-Low the Belt, belt to this place, it’s where I first heard of the brand and I wear it ALL the time.
Thanks for joining and don't forget to stay in on the scene by signing up to receive s+s straight to your inbox! Have a great day,