Must Haves for your Spring Break Beach Vacation
Ready to pack for your next trip!?
We just got back from Hawaii (literally an hour ago), and I already started unpacking to try to get ahead of all of this laundry - so I was thinking that I need to share the great finds I had/brought with me on this trip. Here's what I think you need to bring on your next vacation. Scroll under the gallery for a review on each and why I brought :)
Click the picture to buy!
1. Pacifica Body Butter Coconut SPF: I have super sensitive skin that burns easily so I rarely get tan. I use self tanner on most normal days but especially before a vacation for all those swimsuit days. This particular lotion is tinted and a little shimmery (not glittery - don't worry), and it is also tinted so it makes your skin look GREAT on the beach, in the pool, or just grabbing a pina colada. It is also super effective as a protective barrier, I used the 30 SPF and didn't burn at all (except on my upper back where I couldn't reach and Jared was at the gym... haha). Only disclaimer that is a negative about this product is that it rubs off onto towels/clothes. I would put it on a little before getting dressed and try not to get it on your swimsuit. Other than that its great and I used it for my face too. Plus, it is Vegan and Cruelty Free as well!
2. Sun Bum 3 in 1 Leave in Conditioner: I might be slightly obsessed with soft hair... and although this product can be used everyday, I liked it for after I hopped into the pool or ocean, while I was still sitting out. I always feel like my hair gets dry, hard and unmanageable after chlorine or sea salt so I sprayed this generously after taking a dip and it made my hair feel soooo soft and strong - plus it smells AMAZING. Plus you can add it to your normal routine if you want to add a little beach vibe on a rainy day :)
3. A Flattering One Piece: We all have those days when we just don't feel like being in a bikini, am I right? Having a super cute retro-looking one piece makes covering up glam and fun. I linked Solid & Striped's one pieces on this link because they are one of my favorite brands and I love their styles and patterns.
4. Comfortable Jean Shorts: I am so obsessed with my TopShop "Ripped Mom Shorts" because they are high waisted but not super tight - so they are flattering and also not inappropriate to wear at a pool with a bunch of families. I wore them as a cover up and also with a button up as a daytime walking around outfit. These shorts come in white and regular denim and they are a summer staple for me!
5. A Headwrap: How cute is this one I've linked?! I don't actually have it but man, I wish I do. What a great way to look glam and protect your hair at the same time while at the pool or beach. If you're not looking to shell out the cash for that one I posted, here is another super cute one, and Nordstrom has a few great pieces too like this and this!
6. Slip on Espadrilles: So I might just be obsessed with slides these days but these ones are so cute for vacation! I wore them to the pool or for walks by the water, but also out at night when I didn't want to wear heels. Now that I'm back in the city I will definitely be adding them into the rotation with jeans for a cute spring/summer look. Plus they are super affordable!
Thanks for joining and don't forget to stay in on the scene by signing up to receive s+s straight to your inbox! Have a great day,